Sunday, June 5, 2016

So Easy, an Artist Can Do it

I am not a coder, I am an artist. With that being said, it kind of sucks that I'm expected to keep an online portfolio of my work to be able to reference when applying for any job in my field. If I was left to my own abilities, my website would look like a mess, and no one would probably ever want to hire me. Sure I could pay for one of those services that let you pay someone to make a site for you, and you just have to pay a monthly fee to make sure that it stays functional and looking proper; but why would I do that when it's so easy to do it yourself with only basic coding skill?

Many people take the easy way out by simply just paying someone, but since I know how to type basic commands and apply templates, I can do the same thing without paying anything at all. Templates are far easier to manipulate than people think. All you need to know is how to save the files in the right spot, and being able to link things within the page properly. Even if you don't know how to do this already, Google has the answers from people with abilities that range from basic to professional, typically giving you the same results.

It's interesting how many people don't realize this, and would rather pay for a website with a pretty layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment