Sunday, June 5, 2016

Snapchat: Feeding the Crazy

Like most people born around the millennium, I use Snapchat as a way to communicate with my friends. Although I mostly use it for purposes of sending quick pictures of stuff around me and the occasional response to something that's been sent to me. I just hope that I never become like one of the crazy people that use Snapchat as a way to keep tabs on their SOs and friends.

I have heard many stories of girls going crazy over the fact that their boyfriend has another girl in their "Bestfriends List" on Snapchat. Why does that matter? Are you really so insecure in your relationship that you feel threatened by any other female that your SO is talking to? In my opinion, if you act this way just because of a list on some app, then you have larger problems than your boyfriend talking to other girls.

Even though this kind of behavior has become the norm since the social media boom, that doesn't mean that it should be considered okay. Social media might be an easy way to feed our egos and make ourselves feel more important than we really are; but when our life is centralized around it, we turn into these people who get into relationship fights over friend lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment